Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Jamaicarita

 This is how we spent the 4th of July, and the 3rd too...and maybe the 2nd. Drinking Jamaicaritas, which I thought I invented, but apparently did not. Delicious and dangerous. Here is one recipe. We lined the rims of our glasses with ancho chile powder and sea salt (I licked most of it off by the time of this photo). Yum! Making home made Jamaica is great because you can control the amount of sugar. I prefer it a little tart.
If you have never had or heard of Jamaica, it is a sweet hibiscus tea available at most Mexican restaurants, especially fast food places, where you see it dispensed in those big plastic containers next to the equally delicious, Horchata.  It has a really unique flavor, and Kai and I love it!!
Also pictured are Trader Joe's wasabi almonds. It might seem like a weird combination, but after a couple Jamaicaritas anything goes.

1 comment:

Brigette Olmos-Arreola said...

I spent the 4th drinking my family's secret recipe margaritas but I think this weekend it's going to be all about the jamaicaritas. Inspired!

P.S. Check out my blog if you have time, I'm loving yours!
flemingfiles.blogspot.com